Everyone loves pancakes, we know that to be true. After all, there’s just so much you can do with them.
You can eat them with butter, maple syrup, or whipped cream. You can cook them with fruit or chocolate chips. The pancake possibilities are endless.
For one thing, your pancakes don’t have to be flat as, well, pancakes. With some simple tricks, you can turn your pancakes into incredible pancake-dumpling hybrids stuffed with all your favorite things.
The thing is,getting the stuffing inside the pancake can be tricky. If you try to just dump everything onto the frying batter, it can end up spilling all over the place and you won’t get that perfect pancake disk shape.
But don’t worry there’s a really neat, simple trick that will get you the perfect stuffed pancake that will wow everyone at the table.
And the cool thing is that you can actually use this technique to make the stuffing in advance, so you can make fancy stuffed pancakes without the hassle, whenever you want!
The recipe we’ll show you is a peanut butter and banana stuffing, but you can try this with anything you like, including marshmallow fluff, Nutella, and all kinds of other fruits and fillings. Experiment!
Check out the video and recipe below to see how it’s done, and then try it yourself! And SHARE with anyone who wants to up their pancake game!
- Peanut butter
- Pancake mix
- Slice your bananas into thin rounds.
- Spread peanut butter into a rough circle on a square of parchment paper. You'll do one parchment square for each pancake.
- Place banana slices on top of the peanut butter.
- Place all the parchment squares on a baking sheet and place in the freezer. Freeze 2 hours. (If you're storing them for longer, you might want to wrap them in plastic after they harden.)
- Prepare pancake batter as normal. Pour batter into buttered frying pan.
- While the batter is still liquid, peel off a frozen peanut butter disk and place on the cooking pancake.
- Cover with another scoop of pancake batter. Cook until golden brown, flip, and brown again, just as you would any pancake.
- Stack and serve with your favorite pancake toppings!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.