Weve all tried to get that flat, tight abdomen, and if you are like many, you have probably done thousands of sit ups throughout your life.
You can diet all you want, but if your goal is to achieve a hard stomach, then you have to work that area to develop and tone the ab muscles. But theres a better way to do it than the standard sit up routine.
Matter of fact, there is only one exercise you need to really nail the abs. Its called the plank.
You dont even have to move in the traditional exercising sense, to perform this exercise. Sound too good to be true? Well once you try the plank, youll see how effective it is for hitting those abs, and how its not as easy as it seems.
Heres how to do planks:
1.Put your hands firmly on the ground. Keep shoulders and neck straight.
2. You are going to feel pressure on your legs as well as the abs, so you want to put your heels in a position where that pressure can be transferred to the toes, thus feeling the tension in the thighs muscles.
3. Contract the muscles of the butt. Dont raise it up, as you want to keep your body as flat as a plank.
4. Breathe deeply and evenly to help maintain this position.
5. Picture a glass of water placed on the back. Maintain the position which prevents it from spilling.
6. Once in the proper position you can begin.
7. Knees and hands should remain on ground while back should remain flat, with shoulders wider than shoulder-width.
8. Place focus on a spot on the floor, beyond your hands. Keep the spine, head and neck straight.
9. Put pressure on toes, place right leg on floor. Repeat with other leg. Should feel like your whole body weight relies on the toes and hands.
10. Start contracting the ab muscles. Remain in the position for 20-60 seconds.
11. Now, relax.
12. After time, increase the plank movement to a minute.
Repeat 3 times in a row, daily. In one month, check out how rock hard your stomach is!